The Ooyala Skin SDK allows improved control over the Ooyala player skin for iOS. This player
skin allows for enhanced UI/UX customizations that can apply across your Android, iOS, and
Player V4 web players.
Go to Ooyala Downloads
and get the latest versions of:
- Ooyala mobile SDK for iOS (the skin is supported for version 4.6.0+)
- Ooyala Skin SDK for iOS
You need experience with iOS development.
Ooyala Player Skin for iOS is
supported on the iOS v9+ environment.
- Repositories: You can clone, host, fork, and modify a forked version of the skin-config and native-skin repositories.
Warning: Ooyala will
support any pre-defined and valid modifications to the skin.json file. If you fork the
skin-config repository and make non-valid modifications, or if you fork the
native-skin repository and make changes, we will not offer technical support for these
For this release, the
players (HTML5, iOS, and Android) offer the following degrees of customization:
- No customization. Use the default player with standard, out of the box
- Easy customization via a JSON config file that applies across
- Advanced customization. Developers can fork the player repositories and
customize the source code.
The degree of customization depends entirely on your requirements. For details,
see Customizing the Player V4 Appearance
dynamically, and puts that into the sample app.
: React Native supports a solution where you pre-package all of your
Note: Local hosting requires you to have a server constantly running to provide the
(usually by setting the IP address in the sample app). The JSBundle allows you to run the
application without any need for a server.
See Player V4 Skin and the React Application Framework for more information.
Compiled SDK vs Source Code SDK
The source code SDK is an XCode Project that you can link directly to your application, and
can use either local hosting or the JSBundle.
The compiled SDK can only use the JSBundle.