Notable changes include the release of v.2.5.0 of the iOS and Android mobile SDKs and a new optional parameter for the destroy() function in the Player API (HTML5 only).
Software Feature Releases
The following are new software release
iOS SDK v.2.5.0
Version 2.5.0 of the Ooyala Mobile SDK for iOS has been released. Version 2.5.0 includes bug fixes around Closed Captions and Airplay support. Version 2.5.0 also includes changes to VAST advertisement functionality, and will require linking your application with AdSupport.framework.
Full Release Notes for iOS SDK v.2.5.0
- Implemented the [LR_DEVICEID] 'macro' expansion in VAST URLs to allow for ad playback via LiveRail in mobile apps. This requires the AdSupport.framework.
- Added OODebugMode to customize logs.
- Added bitrate change notification for HLS playback.
Android SDK v.2.5.0
Version 2.5.0 of the Ooyala Mobile SDK for Android has been released. Version 2.5.0 includes changes to namespaces of most Ooyala SDK classes. You may have to update your application's imports.
Full Release Notes for Android SDK v.2.5.0
- Moved Data Model, Player, VAST, and UI classes into their own package. Classes were isolated to create easily consumable packages and to reduce confusion. Please consult the API documentation in the SDK zipfile to see where classes have been moved. This may require changes to some of your imports.
- Added beginFetchingAdvertisingId for replacement of LR_DEVICEID in VAST ads to allow for ad playback via LiveRail in mobile apps. This requires Google Play Services Library.
- Added setCustomDrmData for third party authentication tokens.
- Added DebugMode class for consistent logging and runtime assertions.
- Added closed captions to full screen controller.
- Added support for Playready DRM.
FreeWheel Ad Set Field "fw_video_asset_id"
The ad set field “fw_video_asset_id” can now be set on the page-level or by movie metadata (configured via Backlot UI or Backlot APIs). This new feature enables targeted ads on syndicated content and players. If neither are set, the value for this field will fall back to an externalID or an embed_code (whichever is used to embed our player).
Documentation Release Items
The following are new
documentation release items: