You can create short clips from a channel while it
is running, save them to Backlot. This is a great way to share highlights or teasers
from your live stream with viewers. To enable this feature for your account, please
contact your Ooyala Customer Success Manager.
Create a new channel that has clipping enabled and create the clips. The DVR Window
size determines the size of the clipping buffer.
You must add a channel that has been enabled for clipping.
Important: Clipping is a profile dependent feature. An Ooyala
representative must enable your Live profile for clipping before you will
see the Clipping option.
Log in to Live and make sure the Clipping enabled channel is running.
Go to the Clipping tab in the channel's details
Understanding the Clipping Tab
- 1.) Preview window and video controls— this window displays the
contents of the DVR window.
- 2.) Clip sizing tool—the slider bar on the bottom let's you
select the SET IN and SET
OUT time relative to the buffer sized. The top bar
illustrates the size of the clip you selected.
- 3.) Clip controls—use the clip sizing tool and controls to select
what you want from the buffer.
- Slide the button on the sizing tool to where you want to start
and stop the clip.
- Click the appropriate button.
- Click EXPORT to save the clip to Backlot.
You must provide a title and description for your clip. Click
SUBMIT, to process the clip.
- 4.) Status—clips have 4 statuses.
Things to think about
- Your DVR window size determines the clipping buffer size.
- A clips maximum size is always slightly shorter than the size of the
Slick the segment you want to clip from the buffer.
Tip: Clips are stored as assets in your Backlot account.