What Filters Can I Use?
Was this article helpful?
Some example filters are shown below. These are not fully formed requests (see v3 Analytics Reporting API Syntax for complete syntax), only examples of the filters query parameter.
For queries with query parameters that would exceed the HTTP GET specification limit of 230 characters , please use a POST request.
Note: For up to 2 filters you can set a date range of up to 1 year (366 days). For 3 filters you can set a date range of up to 1 month (31 days). Queries using the hour and 15min time segments can only be made with a date rage of up to 7 days.
- Return data with the country Australia (AU; see Country and Location Codes) and the mobile device type:
...&filters=((country=='AU')) AND ((device_type=='mobile'))
- Mobile and tablet devices in Colombia:
- Only mobile in Columbia and the US:
...&filters=((device_type==’mobile’) AND (country==’CO’,country=='US'))
Filtering by LabelOoyala labels are a mechanism for grouping videos. In Ooyala Analytics, labels can be used to filter. Use the label id to identify the label filter.
Keep in mind the following points about working with labels in Ooyala IQ:This request returns totals for all metrics, grouped by a label with the label id 123abc456yui123xyz.
- Correlations among labels and associated videos are not pre-aggregated or pre-summarized (rolled up) but are resolved at the time of an API request.
- The Ooyala system aggregates based on a label's parent hierarchy. For example, imagine two labels, the parent "Cycle World" and its child label "Sport Bikes". A video labeled with the child "Sport Bikes" is rolled up into the parent label "Cycle World". If you request data for a label, the metrics returned are for that label and its child labels.