v3 Analytics Best Practices
Was this article helpful?
The following best practices will ensure that you have optimal query performance and speed.
- Whenever possible, if you have to retrieve a lot of data, chunk your queries into smaller bits. This makes the query much faster. For example:
- Instead of running a query on one year of data, run a query on every quarter (4 months) and combine the CSV data afterward.
- Instead of running a query on all of the domains you want to investigate, run a query on each domain separately and combine the CSV data afterward.
- Instead of running a query on all of the countries you want to investigate, run separate queries on small groups of countries and combine the CSV data afterward.
- Use multi-dimensional queries only as necessary. When you do perform multi-dimensional queries (group your results by up to 3 dimensions), try to restrict the query with filters to improve query performance.
- You can run up to 300 calls to the v3 Analytics API per minute. However, for optimal performance we recommend that you, run one query at a time as we build up capacity for more customers.