Supported Configurations for Android
Was this article helpful?
The Ooyala Mobile SDK for Android supports:
- Android OS version 4.1 or later
- MP4 and HLS streams
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for Android 4.1 or later.
- Videos in MP4 container with baseline H.264 format
Google ExoPlayerFor Google ExoPlayer integration support, see Integration with Google ExoPlayer on Android.
Considerations for Android
- The SDK uses device-defined Closed Captions Style information. Android has supported this since 4.x. However, some devices, including some older Samsung devices, do not support these features.
- The SDK is known to work with Google TV, but this is not a supported configuration.
Important: Widevine Classic is no longer supported, which means that .wvm, .wv_mp4, and .wv_hls files are no longer supported.
Both HTTP and HTTPS Connections supported. The default is HTTP. To enable all connections to run over HTTPS, add the following:
OoyalaPlayer.enableSSL(true); player = new OoyalaPlayer(pcode, playerDomain, options);
OoyalaPlayer.setEnvironment(Environment.EnvironmentType.PRODUCTION,Environment.PROTOCOL_HTTPS); player = new OoyalaPlayer(pcode, playerDomain, options);