Chromecast Closed Captions
Was this article helpful?
- DFXP v2006 format
- Embedded CES-608 (if the Google Media Player Library is used for the streams)
- Sender issues a command to set the language.
- Receiver will accept and instantiate a <track> element to show CC.
- Receiver will use Chromecast's browser default support.
There is no enablement necessary. Closed captions are enabled by default on the sender and receiver applications. Simply upload your closed caption file for your asset in the Backlot UI or via the Backlot API.
- Display a CC button for assets containing CC file (Live, VoD).
- Send a CC message to the Receiver to turn captions on or off.
- Display the current status of CC (on or off) on the sender device via icon highlighting.
- Turn captions on or off at any time.
- Select or change a caption language at any time.
The receiver application listens to the sender application to display the closed caption language selection set by the end user. If the end user changes the closed caption language on the sender application, the receiver will display the new language closed captions.