Customizing the Sender Application for the Ooyala Chromecast Integration
Was this article helpful?
Important: This topic contains older information and has been deprecated. For the latest information about Ooyala integration with Chromecast, see Chromecast Integration.
The customized sender is custom code that interacts with the Google Sender Cast SDK, Ooyala Mobile SDK and application UX/UI. You can customize the UI/UX of the sender application.
The customized sender application loads on the primary device application running on desktop (Chrome) or mobile (iOS/Android) platforms.
- (Recommended) Uses Google Cast Custom Channel namespace to pass messages.
- Uses the Cast Message Bus via Custom Channel to facilitate the following:
- Transmits the embed_Code and player_branding_id to the Receiver application for launch of the Ooyala HTML5 player.
- Transmits basic player functions (stop, play, pause etc) to the Receiver application to control the Ooyala HTML5 player.
- Via Custom Channel Listener, receives Ooyala related player errors based on player message bus events and translates them to application-friendly user messages. An example use case is if Ooyala Device Management feature is used. The /last_Result messages are published in the player message bus and passed back to the Sender, based on these results the appropriate message is passed back to the application.