Errors and Error Handling Overview
Was this article helpful?
Use error messages to track down and troubleshoot issues.
Error SourcesErrors originate from many sources. To help you find the error information you are looking for, we categorize errors as:
- User-facing - The player displays these errors to the user in the Player UI.
- Player V3 Event-based - Player V3 uses message bus event handling.
- Ingestion - Uploading your content using Ooyala or third-party ingestion methods can generate errors.
- Other External - We support a Flash Player, third-party ads integration managers, CDNs, and content protection mechanisms. Errors can originate from these sources. We provide some links to help you check if your errors are coming from these sources.
- Make sure your configuration meets our Supported Standards.
- Check if your issue is answered in one of our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Use error messages or codes to narrow down your issue. Check out our User-facing Errors, Player Error messages, and Player Error Event messages.
- Search our Community Knowledge Base for similar questions and possible solutions.
- File a Support Ticket.