Ooyala Live Clipping to MAM
Was this article helpful?
Ooyala Live Clipping is a new feature release to clip extracts from a Live video stream and use them as independent video assets.
How to use this feature in Channels:
- In the OoyalaLive Platform, go to the CHANNELS tab and create a
new channel. Enter the desired encoding and packaging settings:
- Start the new channel.
- Click on the desired channel DETAILS tab.
- In the next window, click on the CLIPPING tab:
- Enter a name and a description.
- Click the Start Syndication button. A warning dialog is displayed about a syndication 8-hour limit.
- Click the Start Syndication button in the warning dialog.
- When the process begins, a second button, GO TO MAM, is
displayed. Click this button:
High Availability (HA) channels differ slightly from the normal channels as HA doesn't have a corresponding clipping asset in Ooyala Flex. Instead, each subchannel of HA has it as a separate entity. Since clips are separate assets, it makes no difference which subchannel they were created from. For example, if a problem occurs during OoyalaLive streaming on the primary subchannel, the backup one can be used for clipping:
How to use this feature in Events:
- In Ooyala Live, click on the EVENTS tab.
- Add a new event. Enter your event information and click on Advanced Options.
- Select the Clipping to MAM option.
- Click ADD or ADD & START NOW:
- In the EVENTS tab, select the event you just created and click Details.
- Select the Clipping tab.
- Click GO TO MAM, as before.
Clipping in MAM
- Log in to MAM. In the MAM UI, you can see your video in the preview player.
- To create a clip, select the clip tool and select the time frame you want to clip:
- After selecting the desired time frame, click on the clip confirmation button and name the clip:
- Click on the plus button (+) at the right to save the new video clip as a logical clip.
- You must still render the clip to create a video file. For this, go to the Assets section in MAM. Locate your created clip under the CLIPS section and in the right-hand menu, click on the three-dot button, and select Launch:
- Select the option Launch from Clip and click Run Now:
This publishes the new clip content into MAM.
For more details on clipping in MAM, please see the MAM documentation in the help center.