Supported Configurations for iOS
Was this article helpful?
The Ooyala Mobile SDK for iOS supports:
- All devices with iOS 9 or later
- MP4 and HLS streams
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- MP4 video container (subject to Apple's cautions and requirements)
- AirPlay for the following types of content:
- Content only
- Content with ads (Ooyala Pulse, FreeWheel, Google IMA, VAST)
- Secure content with and without ads (eHLS)
- Objective-C and Swift-based applications
The Ooyala HTML5 Player V3 and Ooyala mobile SDK for iOS are now certified for iOS 9.
<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key> <dict> <!-Include to allow all connections (DANGER)-> <key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key> <true/> </dict>
Important Update for ATS and HTTPS
Apple has been considering making App Transport Security (ATS) mandatory for all developers who want to submit their apps to the App Store. Ooyala recommends that you strongly consider enabling ATS for all iOS apps, as it may become fully mandatory for new app submissions soon.
Contact Ooyala support for more information.