Monetizing Your Ooyala Content with DFP
Was this article helpful?
You can synch your Ooyala-hosted content with DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) via either the Backlot API or an MRSS feed so you can monetize it with Google IMA.
You can set up your DoubleClick for Publishers (Google DFP) account to transfer your Ooyala-hosted content, so you can monetize that content with Google IMA V3.
All work described here (except for setting ad rules, if desired; see below) is done in DFP itself and involves defining a new data source, which can be either via the Backlot API or an MRSS feed.
Prerequisites and Your Decision
The following are necessary:
- A working DFP account, as required by Google.
- For syndicating via the Backlot API, have your Backlot API key and secret handy to configure in DFP. For more details, see Your API Credentials.
Decide which approach you want: pull content via the Backlot API with your key and secret, or use MRSS. After you decide, follow the appropriate steps for the desired option described below.
Creating a New Source in DFPTo transfer content, you need to define a new source in DFP. In DFP:
- Click the Video tab, then select Sources.
- After your Content Sources appear, click New Source.
- Complete the required fields, and select the source Type. For MRSS, select the MRSS type. If you want to pull content via the Backlot API, select the Ooyala type.
Ad rules will define when ads are inserted, how long they should run, what ads are run, and the ad source. For matrices describing what ad rule ad positions are supported for different platforms and browsers, see Player V3 Google IMA Ad Integration.
To enable ad rules for an ad:
- Specify your ad rules in DFP. For information on implementing DFP ad rules, go to https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2553686?hl=en.
- To enable your DFP ad rules to correctly render for your Google IMA V3 ad with the
Backlot UI, click Ad Set Fields for Google IMA V3.
ORTo enable your DFP ad rules to correctly render for your Google IMA V3 ad with the Backlot API, set "ad_type": "rules" for the desired ad. For more information see Ad Sets.Note: Settings applied at the page level with the ad tag url will override Backlot settings. However, the position type (ad rule or non ad rule) must match on the page level and in Backlot for ads and ad rules to properly render.
, and set the ad position to "ad rules" for the desired ad. For more
information on Google IMA V3 ads in the Backlot UI, see
Synch Via Backlot API
DFP will read this metadata key and associate it with the cuepoints object on their CMS.To syndicate content via the Backlot API, in DFP:
- From the Sources, select Ooyala.
- In the displayed input fields, enter your API key and secret.
Synch Via MRSS FeedTo syndicate content via MRSS, in the source definition in DFP:
- For Type, select MRSS feed.
Set the URL pointing to your MRSS feed with the content you wish to ingest. For details about the required MRSS elements, see https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2475956?ref_topic=2475994.