Ingestion Release Notes
Audio Late binding Support (2019-05-15)
Ooyala OTS now supports the association of additional audio track for the content already ingested and processed. The new audio track can be used to provide an additional language, a new audio service type, etc.
Ingestion is supported through manifest-based ingestion to the Ooyala Ingestion service only. Here is a sample manifest:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <rss version="2.0" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns:fh="http://purl.org/syndication/history/1.0" xmlns:ooyala="http://www.ooyala.com/mrss/"> <channel> <item> <media:content url="test.aac" ></media:content> <media:subTitle href="my_caption.dfxp"></media:subTitle> <media:thumbnail url="my_thumbnail.jpg" filesize="35712"></media:thumbnail> <media:title>Test XML</media:title> <media:description>This is an example</media:description> <ooyala:labels>/test,/example,/xml</ooyala:labels> <ooyala:metadata name='MD1'>MDValue1</ooyala:metadata> <ooyala:metadata name='MD2'>MDValue2</ooyala:metadata> <ooyala:embedcode>Embedcode of the Asset</ooyala:embedcode> <ooyala:replace>true</ooyala:replace> <ooyala:audiolatebinding>true</ooyala:audiolatebinding> <ooyala:metadata name="default_language">eng</ooyala:metadata> <dcterms:valid>start=2011-10-02-25T15:15:00-07:00; end=2026-12-25T16:00:00-07:00</dcterms:valid> <ooyala:profileguid>57d5a5a10f654fe79ef954dc8d29a108</ooyala:profileguid> <guid isPermaLink='false'>my_test_guid_xml</guid> </item> </channel> </rss>
ooyala:audiolatebindingis required and must be
ooyala:replaceis optional, but if it is present, it must be set to
true, or the ingest will fail.
- The duration of the audio file should match the duration of the video - if it does not, playback issues may occur.
- When audio description audio tracks are supplied for late binding, then specific profile with channel layout to be used and supplied as part of the manifest.
- The following formats are supported for late binding: m4a, mp3, wma, aac, wav, and ogg
- If the audio Codec is not compatible with "mp4" container, the audio stream will be encoded for AAC/LC/Stereo during the late binding process.
- Additional billing will apply for processing of content replacement for all streams specified in the profile.
- All the limitations for multilingual and audio description processing apply for this incremental promotion of the content through late binding.
- Late binding audio streams will be appended to the existing source.
- Audio Late binding is not supported for Azure In region customers.
- Initial source default language will be preserved even when late binding source have default audio tracks.
- Audio Latebinding is not supported for Audio-only or Video-only assets.
- Currently, the Audio asset is not stored in the S3 bucket. Only the merged file is stored in the S3 bucket.
- Audio Late binding feature is applicable only for mp4 assets.
MRSS Feed Validator for OIS v2.5 (2018-01-04)The Ooyala MRSS Feed Validator has been updated with a new DTD and now works with OIS v2.5. See Ingesting from a Remotely Hosted MRSS Feed.
Support for VR 360 Uploads via OIS (2017-12-20)This release introduces support for uploading VR 360 videos into Backlot using OIS. Uploading a VR 360 video is similar to ingesting a flat video, with the addition of metadata that is unique to VR 360 - label the file as VR 360 and specify the VR 360 type (monoscopic or stereoscopic).
- You can set VR 360 file metadata in the manifest file (see Manifest File Formats).
- If you are not using a manifest file, indicate the file type by setting file metadata with the ffmpeg command-line utility (see Ingesting with FTP / FTPS or Ingesting with Aspera).
Dashboard Enhancements and In-Region Ingestion (2017-10-12)
- Performance enhancements increase the average speed of content being ingested. Content is more quickly available for playback.
- In-region ingestion and transcoding using Azure Media services, reducing overall ingestion and transcoding time and keeping content in the same region as the customer. See About Ingesting Content.
- New search feature in Ingestion Dashboard. Look up an asset that is being ingested and view its status.
- More information visible to more user roles in Ingestion Dashboard. It is no longer required to log in with Upload Only privileges to see the Ingestion Dashboard (Ingestion Feed Activity tab). All user roles can now see this dashboard. The amount of information that can be seen is determined by the credentials used to log in to Backlot, as shown in the following table:
|User Role||Added Functionality|
|Upload Only||View the status of ingest jobs you initiated.|
|All other user roles||View the Ingestion Dashboard. Track the ingestion status of all content uploaded into the Backlot account from OIS using all credentials.|