Analytics in Player V4
Was this article helpful?
To report playback statistics for analytics, use any of the analytics plugins that integrate with Player V4.
Tracking Opt-Out Controls
The Web Player provides two setting levels for tracking metrics. These are: default and disabled.
- Default: This is the value used if the value is default or undefined. Standard analytics tracking is done done in this case. Ooyala does not capture and store personally identifiable information (PII), except where necessary to facilitate specific functions (i.e. purchases), and specifically provided from the website or application. However, Ooyala does create a random unique device identifier (GUID) that is stored and persists between sessions so that unique user counts can be accurate.
- Disabled: For this setting, all tracking events are
disabled. Note: IMPORTANT: If this setting is used, all video analytics (media play events) will not be reported for users, so products like IQ will under-report actual usage.
Analytics PluginsYou can use the following analytics plugins.
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) Plugin
- comScore Analytics Plugin
- Conviva Analytics Plugin
- Google Analytics Plugin
- Nielsen Analytics Plugin
- YOUBORA Analytics Plugin
Run-time Playback FlowDuring playback, a playback event triggers notification about the event to the analytics provider.
RequirementsIf you want to track bitrate information for analytics purposes, you must use one of the following video plugins:
- Bitmovin plugin for DASH and HLS (bit_wrapper.min.js) (except HLS HTML5 in Safari)
- Akamai HD video plugin for Akamai packaged HDS (akamaiHD_flash.min.js)Note: The Akamai HD Video Plugin for Akamai Packaged HDS for Player V4 has been deprecated and is scheduled to be disabled. For details and alternatives, see the OVP Release Notes.
- OSMF Flash plugin for HDS (osmf_flash.min.js)Note: The OSMF Flash Video Plugin for HDS for Player V4 has been deprecated and is scheduled to be disabled. For details and alternatives, see the OVP Release Notes.