Player V4 API FunctionsOnce you can instantiate a new Player V4 object:
new Player()you can manage the player instance using the functions described at https://docs.brightcove.com/apidocs-ooyala/player_v4_js/OO.Player.html.
Player V4 StatesA running player undergoes various states during its lifecycle. For example:
- The video and metadata are loading into the player.
- Video playback is ready to begin.
- The player is currently playing video content.
- The player is currently paused (after playback had begun).
- The player is buffering - playback has stopped because it does not have enough video data to continue and is downloading more.
- The player has encountered an error that prevents playback of the video.
Player V4 EventsPlayer run-time events can be triggered in either of the following ways:
- manually by end user actions (for example, clicking the play or pause button)
- programmatically via an API call
- playback has started
- playback has completed
- an ad has started playing
- one or more ads have completed playing
- an error has occurred