Supported Browsers and Operating Systems for Player V4
Was this article helpful?
Player V4 features a new skin that is implemented in three products:
- Ooyala Player V4 for HTML5 is a Web-based player that runs in popular browsers across desktop and mobile devices.
- Ooyala Player Skin for iOS enhances the Ooyala (video player) Mobile SDK for iOS by integrating the Player V4 skin in iOS native apps.
- Ooyala Player Skin for Android enhances the Ooyala (video player) Mobile SDK for Android by integrating the Player V4 skin in Android native apps.
Windows SupportOoyala Player V4 for HTML5 is supported on the following browsers running in the Windows environment:
- Chrome 47+ on Windows 7+
- Internet Explorer 11+ on Windows 7+ (or Windows 8.1+ if MPEG-DASH or HLS stream packaging is used)
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Firefox v48+ on Windows 7+
Note: There are currently some known issues with touch handling on Windows tablets running IE/Edge, which require resolution from Microsoft.
Mac OS SupportOoyala Player V4 for HTML5 is supported on the following browsers running in the Mac OS 10.9+ environment:
- Chrome v47+
- Firefox v48+
- Safari v8+
Mobile Web Support
Ooyala Player V4 for HTML5 is supported on the following browsers for mobile web:
- Safari on iOS v9+
- Chrome on Android v4.4+
iOS App Support
Ooyala Player Skin for iOS is supported on the iOS v9+ environment.
Android App Support
Ooyala Player Skin for Android is supported on devices running Android v4.4+.
Note: As of 2017-10-01, the supported Android environments start with Android version 4.4. Issues on Android versions previous to this version will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.