Order of Precedence in Player V4 Settings
Was this article helpful?
Player V4 provides many options for customizing the player experience. Where the same configuration setting (for example, player background color) is controlled by different mechanisms, it is important to understand which mechanism prevails and appears to the viewer during playback. See Customizing the Player V4 Appearance for background.
The following figure shows which settings take precedence in priority order (1 = highest priority).
Configuration OptionsYou can configure playback experience using the following mechanisms.
|Player Skin (skin.json)|
|Inline overrides on the web page (CSS/JS/HTML)||Skin and CSS overrides|
Default Settings and OverridesEvery mechanism has default settings that you can override by changing their default values.
Precedence Depends on Where Skin Resources are HostedWhere player settings overlap across mechanisms, precedence is conditional based on where the player skin is hosted.
- If Ooyala hosts your skin.json file, then the Backlot setting has priority over the settings in skin.json. See Ooyala-hosted Player V4 Resources.
- If you host and modify your skin.json file, then the skin.json file has priority. See Hosting Player V4 Resources.
- If Ooyala hosts your skin.json file, then the viewer will see orange.
- If you host your skin.json file, then the viewer will see blue.
- If you have no settings anywhere, the core default will set a color.