Ooyala QoS Solution Powered by NPAW's YOUBORA
Was this article helpful?
Ooyala now offers a Quality of Service (QoS) solution powered by the NICE PEOPLE AT WORK (NPAW) YOUBORA Analytics platform. This is an add-on service is available for all Ooyala customers.
Quality of Service (QoS) video delivery analytics complement Ooyala’s market-leading audience analytics product, Ooyala IQ. Ooyala IQ helps video publishers deliver the right types of content to the right audiences to drive consumer engagement. QoS analytics help video publishers monitor and improve video stream quality, which also increases engagement.
NPAW's YOUBORA platform offers a real-time big data processing platform for media service providers to deliver a high-quality viewing experience. It specializes in QoS analytics. Ooyala's integration with YOUBORA offers Ooyala customers access to video streaming delivery analytics and insights.
With YOUBORA Analytics integrated with the Ooyala player, you can analyze and improve the health of your stream in real-time. Features and capabilities include being able to determine video start time, interruptions in service, buffering times, and exits before a video has started. Using this integration will give you increased responsiveness in QoS tracking and more information on the quality of your streaming service.
YOUBORA Analytics connects directly to the Ooyala video player and provides an intuitive interface that makes critical information easily accessible to guide decision making. Measurements are continuously updated for real-time insight.
Key Quality and Engagement Modules
The following are key quality and engagement modules in NPAW's YOUBORA platform.
- Dashboard – Quickly review the geographical performance of your network.
- Audience – Analyze how consumers are watching content in real-time or during a specific time period, including breakdowns by geography, device, ISP, CDN, titles, and more.
- Quality – Monitor the quality and consistency of your consumers’ video experience across key metrics.
- Engagement – Uncover insights about how long viewers are watching your content based on the quality of experience and track improvements in viewing patterns over time.
- Zoom - Easily compare all of your information from the Audience and Quality modules.
Additionally, QoS information can be accessed on other systems, such as a CMS, NOC, or other custom dashboard via a YOUBORA API.
Help Customer Service Pinpoint Issues
- Search by user, IP address, or transaction.
- Diagnose issues with an end-to-end dashboard (views, errors, licenses, bandwidth tests, and more).
- View historical activity for each user.
Easily Stay Informed to Avoid Potential Problems
- Set up reports for automatic delivery to key stakeholders.
- Quickly share information via downloadable spreadsheets and graphs.
- Add alerts to highlight potential issues and enable proactive adjustments.
For information about the YOUBORA Analytics platform, see the YOUBORA product documentation.
The Ooyala QoS solution powered by NPAW's YOUBORA is supported for desktop (Flash and HTML5) and mobile (iOS and Android) devices.
The YOUBORA QoS system connects directly to the Ooyala player via a special plug-in. Once a YOUBORA account is set-up and configured by your Ooyala point of contact, an Ooyala player for HTML5 and Flash will start providing QoS data to YOUBORA. There is no additional integration effort required for HTML5 and Flash. For the iOS and Android implementations there is a small amount of code that needs to be added to each application. This code, along with examples and implementation steps, is explained in the mobile SDK documentation.
For more information, please reach out to your Ooyala point of contact.