Was this article helpful?
Updates include software updates to the Player API and iOS and Android mobile SDKs, the addition of an Ad Integration guide, and an update to a Hook script snippet.
The following are new software release items:
- Player API update with effects on Theme Builder: The player is now supported to dynamically load the first video in the first playlist. The page-level parameter useFirstVideoFromPlaylist was added for the player.
- iOS and Android mobile SDKs updated to include FRMSegment as an optional parameter for FreeWheel.
Documentation Release Items
The following are new documentation release items:
- Working with Embeds—Added information about the new feature where the "first video in the first playlist" will dynamically update when a playlist is dynamically updated.
- Theme Builder Embeds—Updated the embed example to show the new page-level parameter useFirstVideoFromPlaylist.
- Embedded Parameters—Added the parameter useFirstVideoFromPlaylist.
- Ads Integration Guide—Added a new guide about how to integrate with third party ad managers (including FreeWheel, LiveRail, and Google IMA), VAST, and VPAID.
- Hook Mobile Player App— Corrected script snippet by changing provider code to player_id in Step 3 of the section "Setting Up Hook".
- Integration with FreeWheel on Android, A Closer Look at the Android Sample App and Integration Touchpoints, Integration with FreeWheel on iOS, and A Closer Look at the iOS Sample App and Integration Touchpoints—Added the FRMSegment as an optional parameter for FreeWheel.
- Creating/Managing Profiles with the Backlot UI, Comparison of Discovery Profile Settings in Backlot UI and API, Configuring Ooyala Discovery in the Player End Screen, and Discovery Profiles—Added note that the Discovery Up Next does not appear during ad playback.