Was this article helpful?
Notable changes for this release include a new integration with Amazon Fire TV.
Ooyala Integration with Amazon Fire TV
We are excited to announce support for Amazon Fire TV HTML5 web apps, which allows you to quickly and easily syndicate content to the Amazon Fire TV line of devices with Ooyala.
Ooyala now provides a quick and easy way to publish content from Backlot using Universal Syndication Feeds to Amazon Fire TV. The feed from Backlot containing content and metadata is transformed into content categories on the Amazon Fire TV interface, where end users can select content categories of their choice and view all videos related to that category on Fire TV.
- Added documentation on the new web application integration with Amazon Fire TV.
- Rights Locker API Reference: Added documentation on a new property called "rental_window" that defines the number of hours the end user has to finish watching the video.
- Content Protection Options By Device: Updated the device coverage table to clarify acronyms.
- Routes and Attributes Common to All Asset Types: Explained the relationship between asset_id, content ID, and embed_code in the Backlot API.
- Universal Syndication, Including Live Streams,Syndication with YouTube, and External Publishing FAQ: Added documentation regarding the amount of time before the feeds expire.
- Query Construction: Updated the documentation regarding default setting for the orderby parameter.