Was this article helpful?
Notable changes for this release include new and enhanced features in the Ooyala IQ UI and new metrics in the IQ API.
Software Feature Releases
New and Enhanced Features in Ooyala IQ
The following new features are included in this release of Ooyala IQ.
- You can now save your selected filters and date ranges into presets.
You can reload your presets, search for your presets, and delete your presets. The saved preset will be available to you the next time you log into your account as long as you don’t change to another browser. Switching browsers to access saved presets will be released at a later date. See Using Preset Filters in the Business Intelligence Page for details on how to create and manage presets.
- You can now retrieve unlimited asset data through the IQ API if the date range for your query is less than one month.
If you have over 10,000 assets and make a query with a date range greater than 31 days, the total_count returned will be 10,000 (instead of your total number of assets, which is greater than 10,000).
See How Can I Query Unlimited Asset Data? for a full example of how this works.
- For an IQ-only users, in the Video Details page, our player is able to load the video's thumbnail image when we have the thumbnail URL ingested into Backlot. When no thumbnail URL is available, a default thumbnail will appear.
- For an IQ-only users, in the Video Details page, our player is able to play remote video assets when the video stream URL is ingested into Backlot.
Ooyala IQ will continue to be updated to support future Ooyala Player versions as they are released.
New Discovery Insights Metrics in the Ooyala IQ API
Discovery Insights metrics were introduced to the Ooyala IQ UI in the 2015-10-15 Release. If you are an Ooyala Discovery user, you can now query these metrics with the Ooyala IQ API. See Metrics for metric names and descriptions.
Updated Desktop Plugin of the Ooyala QoS Solution powered by NPAW's YOUBORA Analytics
We have updated the Desktop Plugin of the Ooyala QoS Solution powered by NPAW's YOUBORA Analytics. This release adds support for custom parameters so you can display QoS data filtering on Backlot labels and custom metadata.
- Using Preset Filters in the Business Intelligence Page: Added a new topic about how to use preset filters in Ooyala IQ.
- How Can I Query Unlimited Asset Data? : Added a new example showing how to query unlimited asset data with the IQ API for date ranges less than one month.
- Dimensions: Added instructions for how to query unlimited data for the asset dimension with a date range of less than 1 month.
- Reporting Query String Parameters: Updated the description of limit to show the new maximum value of 1,000.
- Analytics FAQ: Added a new FAQ about querying unlimited data for the asset dimension.
- Metrics: Added the new Discovery Insights metrics to the Ooyala IQ API documentation.
- DRM Attributes for Remote Assets (Including Live Streams): Clarified DRM usage.