Was this article helpful?
Notable contents of this release include version 4.11.0 of the mobile SDKs for iOS and Android and Live bug fixes.
Software Feature Releases
Mobile SDK for Android v.4.11.0
New Features and Enhancements
- The OoyalaPlayer now emits Observable events differently than in the past. Previously, the OoyalaPlayer would emit String objects from the OoyalaPlayer's Observer Notifications. There are now additional notifications that emit the OoyalaNotification class. This will not likely affect your existing code, but if it does, you will need to modify the way you handle the update() method to determine the class of the notification.
- A new OoyalaPlayer.getPCode() method has been added to the Mobile SDK.
- Upon reaching the end of playback on a video, the Discovery tray will automatically load the next video.
- A new OoyalaPlayer.ClickAd() has been added to the Mobile SDK. This method runs the Learn More feature, opening up the browser based on the advertisement being played.
- The Skin Sample App now includes FreeWheel and IMA functionality.
- There was an issue in which the Nexus 9 Android M would crash while running the player. This issues has been resolved.
- When using the new Skin SDK, there was an issue in which clicking the Share button resulted in the Share Panel popup, which would continue to pop up even after clicking the back button or elsewhere on the screen. This issue has been resolved.
- When using the IMA SDK, there is an issue in which an ad will not pause when the user taps the pause button.
- When using the new Skin SDK, there is an issue in which tapping the volume button causes the scrubber bar and video to play from beginning. In addition, attempting to scrub forward and back causes the scrubber to jump around inconsistently.
- There is an issue in which loss of connectivity during the playback of an ad causes the player to crash.
- When using the new Skin SDK, there is an issue in the CC CC On/Off button may not appear.
- There is an issue in which the Discovery Up Next message covers the Play/Pause button.
- When using the new Skin SDK, on the Discovery menu, if you click many videos in rapid succession you may crash the application.
Mobile SDK for iOS v.4.11.0
- There was an issue in which the sharing a link on Facebook or Twitter from fullscreen mode failed to produce a popup to post the link. This issue has been resolved.
- In the new Skin SDK, there was an issue in which IMA ads occasionally would not play. This issue has been resolved.
- In the new Skin SDK, there was an issue in which the controls would become unresponsive in fullscreen mode after rotating the device twice. This issue has been resolved.
- In the new Skin SDK, there is an issue in which the Up Next message may overlap with the Play button.
Bug Fixes for the Live Platform
- There was an issue where if there were two users for the same pcode, the second user was unable to start a channel created by the first user. Any users of the same account (pcode) can now log in and start any created channel.
- There was an issue where starting a channel while impersonating another user caused channels started on that deployment to fail. You can now impersonate (log in) to an account and perform all actions.