Was this article helpful?
Notable contents of this release include verion 4.5.5 of the Ooyala Player, version 4.15.1 of the mobile SDK for iOS, and new Ooyala IQ features.
Software Feature Releases
Player V4 Release - Version 4.5.5
New Features in this Player Release
- Support for encoding once and supporting multiple DRMs with Player V4
through MPEG-DASH common encryption (CENC) and the Bitmovin video plugin,
- Google Widevine Modular (supported for Firefox and Chrome)
- Apple FairPlay (supported for Safari)
- Microsoft PlayReady packaged using Azure (supported for Internet Explorer)
- Support for Akamai HD3 via a new Akamai HD video plugin. This feature is available for customers using Akamai delivery (content packaged by Akamai). See Adding URLs for an Asset for details on how to support remote assets with Akamai HD. There is no change in functionality for how to support VOD assets with Akamai HD.
- The V4 Ooyala Player is now compliant with FCC 708, which allows end users
to easily manipulate the look and feel of closed captions. See Closed Captions in Player V4 for
- This functionality is available out of the box and enabled for all customers using Player versions 4.5.5 and above.
- FCC-compliant closed captions provide end users with more control over how captions are rendered (such as font type, font size, colors, opacity, and so on).
- FCC-compliant closed captions are available on VoD and Live Streams (encoded with CEA-708 captions).
- The implementation of closed captions features a responsive design, scaling well with different player sizes and browser types.
- Server Side Ad Functionality through the new SSAI Pulse Player V4 Plugin.
In the Firefox browser, using the latest bit_wrapper.min.js plugin (version 4.5.5) causes an issue with both video and ad playback for SSAI functionality. This is due to incorrect ad URL formatting by the latest bit_wrapper.min.js plugin.
To avoid this issue on Firefox, use the following version of the bit_wrapper.min.js plugin when loading plugins on your page: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.4.11/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.js. This plugin works across all devices and browsers for SSAI.
We will continue to work with Bitmovin to have this issue fixed.
Default Player Links
- Core Player (required): http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/core.min.js
- Player Skin:
- Video Plugins (at least one required)
- Main video plugin for HLS and MP4: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js
- OSMF Flash plugin for HDS: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/video-plugin/osmf_flash.min.js
- Bitmovin plugin for HLS and DASH: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.min.js
- Akamai HD video plugin: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/video-plugin/akamaiHD_flash.min.js
- Ad Plugins
- Ooyala Pulse Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/ad-plugin/pulse.min.js
- VAST and VPAID Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/ad-plugin/ad_manager_vast.min.js
- Google IMA Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/ad-plugin/google_ima.min.js
- FreeWheel Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.5.5/ad-plugin/freewheel.min.js
- Analytics Plugins
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.4.11/analytics-plugin/omniture.js
- comScore Analytics Plugin: Please contact your account manager for access to this plugin.
- Discovery Plugin: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.4.11/other-plugin/discovery_api.min.js
- Live SSAI Pulse Plugin: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.4.11/ad-plugin/ssai_pulse.js
Mobile SDK for iOS v.4.15.1 (Released 06/28/16)
New Features and Enhancements
- With the IMA SDK, the [oo_embedcode] macros in IMA ad tags are now replaced with the embed code.
- There was an issue in which closed captions did not properly render when there were metadata tags in the DFXP file. This issue has been resolved.
New Hour and 15 Minute Time Segment Granularity in Ooyala IQ UI and API
In the Ooyala IQ UI you can now select hour and 15 minute time segment granularities to apply to the Business Intelligence and Video Details pages.
Use the zoom feature with the hour and 15 minute time segments to highlight a segment of a metric graph and view more granular metric results.
The default date range for the day time segment is different from the default date range for the 15 minute and hour time segments.
For the day time segment the default date range is from 12:00am of the first day to 11:59pm of the last day in the week (8 24 hour segments). For the 15 minute and hour time segments the default date range is from 12:00pm of the first day to 12:00pm of the last day in the week (7 24 hour segments).
This difference in default date range means that your metric data will change when you switch between the day time segment and the 15 minute or hour time segments. We will change the date range limitation for 15 minute and hour time segments to match the day time range (8 24 hour segments) in an upcoming release.
- With the API, if you query with the hour or 15min time segment, you can now query by time with the start_date and end_date. Your start_date and end_date should use the format YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM. Times selected must be divisible by 15 minutes. If you enter times that are not divisible by 15, an error message will be returned. See Reporting Query String Parameters for details.
New Playthrough Graph on the Ooyala IQ Video Details Page
The playthrough graph on the Video Details page of Ooyala IQ will now match the playthrough graph on the Business Intelligence page (with new time range selection functionality and time series views of playthrough data).
Unlimited Rows of Data From the Ooyala IQ API
With the Ooyala IQ API, for time ranges up to 1 month you can now query by up to 3 dimensions at a time with unlimited rows of data. For time ranges greater than one month you can continue to query by up to 2 dimensions at a time with up to 10,000 rows of data. See Dimensions for more details.
New Xbox One Adapter for Ooyala IQ
- Dimensions: Added details on the new unlimited data row feature in the Ooyala IQ API.
- Metrics: Added new caveats to which metrics are returned with each Ooyala IQ API query.
- Reporting Query String Parameters: Added details on the new unlimited data row feature in the Ooyala IQ API and added hour and 15min to the time_segment documentation.
- Setting the Date Range on the Business Intelligence Page and Video Details: Added details about the new 15 minute and hour time segment granularity in the Ooyala IQ user interface.
- Integrating Xbox One Video App with IQ Using the JS SDK: Added documentation about how to integrate with the new Ooyala Xbox One adapter for Ooyala IQ.
- The Ooyala Now documentation has been deprecated. See Ooyala IQ Dashboard for details on the Ooyala IQ dashboard.
- Configurable DRM: Added FairPlay policy.
- DRM Policies: Added FairPlay policy.
- Adding URLs for an Asset: Added new formats for Akamai to supported types of assets.
- DRM Attributes for Remote Assets (Including Live Streams): Added Widevine Modular provider attributes.
- DRM Attributes for Remote Assets: Added Widevine Modular provider attributes.
- Ooyala-hosted Player V4 Resources: If hosting the OSMF Flash Video Plugin for HDS (osmf_flash.min.js), added requirement to host osmf_flash.swf in the same location.
- Closed Captions in Player V4: Added a new topic describing how to configure closed caption settings (and FCC styling) with Player V4.