Was this article helpful?
Notable contents of this release include Player V4 version 4.8.5.
Software Feature Releases
Player V4 Release - Version 4.8.5
New Features in this Player Release
- Flash-Free Player using HTML5 MSE. The Bitmovin plugin for DASH and HLS (bit_wrapper.min.js) plays HLS using the HTML5 standard (and Media Source Extensions), enabling HLS on web browsers without the use of Flash. HTML5 MSE also supports playback of MPEG-DASH (clear and DRM-protected content). If you are using the remote assets setup, you must make sure that your remote stream (manifest/m3u8 and fragment/ts) is served via HTTPS. Contact your Ooyala support representative for details.
- New Nielsen Analytics Plugin. You can now use the Player V4 Nielsen Analytics plugin (Nielsen.min.js) to track Nielsen analytics for your V4 Ooyala Player. For details, see Nielsen Analytics Plugin.
- Session Extension Support in Ooyala Pulse Ad Plugin. Session extension is mainly used to insert extra ad breaks in a live stream. For more information, refer to pull_callbacks in Ooyala Pulse Ad Parameters.
- Analytics Framework Enhancements: Increased error message reporting from our player to the Analytics Framework. Refer to the Analytics Framework API Reference for more information.
Default Player Links
To update to the latest Player V4 version from a previous version of Player V4:
- Download and host all of the new player resources (core plugin, skin plugins, CSS, font, and image resources, video plugins, ad plugins, analytics plugins, and so on) and update your resources to point to these new files.
- If you've customized your own Player skin using your own version of skin.json, download the latest skin.json file and merge any changes in this file with your customized skin.json file.
- Core Player (required)
- Player Skin
- Video Plugins (at least one required)
- Main video plugin for HLS and MP4: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js
- OSMF Flash plugin for HDS: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/video-plugin/osmf_flash.min.js
- Bitmovin plugin for HLS and DASH: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.min.js
- Akamai HD video plugin: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/video-plugin/akamaiHD_flash.min.js
- Ad Plugins
- Ooyala Pulse Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/ad-plugin/pulse.min.js
- VAST and VPAID Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/ad-plugin/ad_manager_vast.min.js
- Google IMA Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/ad-plugin/google_ima.min.js
- FreeWheel Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/ad-plugin/freewheel.min.js
- Analytics Plugins
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/analytics-plugin/omniture.js
- Google Analytics Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/analytics-plugin/googleAnalytics.min.js
- Nielsen Analytics Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.8.5/analytics-plugin/Nielsen.min.js
- comScore Analytics Plugin: Please contact your account manager for access to this plugin.
- Discovery Plugin
- Live SSAI Pulse Plugin
Fixed IssuesFixes in this release include:
- For the Google IMA plugin, the video stopped playing properly after playing a mid-roll ad.
- For the VAST and VPAID ad plugin, the Ad Playback and scrubber bar did not synchronize properly.
- Ooyala Mobile SDK for Android. The Ooyala Skin UI now works with Amazon Fire TV 2014 and 2015 using the Fire TV Remote. See ../concepts/mobile_sdk_android_firetv.dita for more information.
- Expanded Player V3 to V4 migration documentation. See ../concepts/pbv4_migration.dita.
- Added best practices for self-hosting Player V4 resources. See ../concepts/pbv4_host.dita.
- Updated Player V4 screen shots. See User Interface for the Player V4 Skin.
Subscribe to Ooyala Release NotesSee Subscribe to Ooyala Release Notes for instructions on how to subscribe for automated notifications of Ooyala release notes.
This content was published on 09/30/16 at 7:00 AM UTC.