Changing Your Password
Was this article helpful?
Use the User Management subtab under the ACCOUNT tab to change the password for your Backlot UI account.
Who Can Change a Password
Only you can change your password. An administrator cannot change your password for you. If you forgot your password, click the Forgot Password link in the login page to initiate the process of changing your password.
A valid password should contain:
- At least 8 characters
- At least 1 uppercase letter
- At least 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 number
Steps for Changing Your Password
To change your password:
- Log in to the Backlot UI.
- Click the ACCOUNT tab.
- Click the User Management subtab.
- Click Change Password.
- Type your current password.
- Type your new password two times (to verify that what you typed is correct).
- Click OK.
Forgot Your PasswordIf you have forgotten your password:
- Go to the following URL: https://backlot.ooyala.com/backlot/web.
- Click Forgot Password?.
- Specify your email address.
- Click Reset Password.
- Ooyala sends you an email message with a password reset link.
- Go to your email account, open the email, and click the password reset link.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Login to Backlot using your new password.