Creating an Integrated Receiver Application for Chromecast
Was this article helpful?
The following content describes how to create an integrated receiver application.
Important: This topic contains older information and has been deprecated. For the latest information about Ooyala integration with Chromecast, see Chromecast Integration.
Note: You need to host the receiver application on your own server (you cannot use Ooyala’s receiver directly). Set up Cross-Origin Resource Sharing ( CORS ) enablement on the CDN you use for content serving.
- Register with Google as a developer to get a receiver application ID (this shows the sender application which receiver to send to). The Cast developer license can be found at https://cast.google.com/publish/#/overview.
- Enable CORS. For information on how to enable CORS, go to https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/player.
- To use Ooyala's default receiver, log into the Support Center and submit a ticket requesting that the "Chromecast Default Receiver" third party module be added to your account. To use Ooyala's custom receiver, log into the Support Center and submit a ticket requesting that the "Chromecast Custom Receiver" third party module be added to your account.
Use the following steps to create an integrated receiver application:
- If you want to use a receiver as-is (that will have Ooyala branding), go to https://github.com/ooyala/chromecast-sample-receiver and open receiver_default.html.
- If you want to make UI and other customizations to your receiver, go to https://github.com/ooyala/chromecast-sample-receiver and open receiver_custom.html.
- Host the receiver HTML page on your server.
- Register your receiver HTML page in the Google Cast SDK developer console at Google Cast SDK Developer Console.
- Retrieve the receiver application ID from the Google Cast SDK developer console.
- Put the receiver application ID into the sender application code (see Creating an Integrated Android Sender Application or Creating an Integrated iOS Sender Application for how to add this to the sender application).