Creating a Facebook App
Was this article helpful?
To enable passive sharing, you must create a Facebook app.
To create a new Facebook app:
- Open http://developers.facebook.com/apps with a web browser.
- Log in and follow any basic configuration steps. The Apps page appears.
- Click Create New App. The Create New App dialog box appears.
- Enter the following app information and click Continue:
- Enter a name in the App Name field.
- Enter a namespace in the App Namespace field.
- Leave Web Hosting deselected unless you do not have your own domain.
- Follow any Facebook verification steps. The Basic settings page of the newly created app appears.
- Enter where the videos will be hosted in the App Domain field. Only videos on this domain can be used with this app.
- Select Video from the Category list box.
- Click the Website check mark and enter the URL of your home page.
- Click the Mobile Web check mark and enter the URL of your mobile home page.
- Click Save Changes. Facebook begins setting up your app.