Syndicate Live Video to Facebook
Was this article helpful?
Syndicate live video to Facebook without the need to enable syndication in Ooyala Live.
Before You StartHere are some considerations about Live Syndication to Facebook:
- Live Syndication only works with the Ooyala Package as the Packaging Partner and Ooyala Encode as the Encoding Partner.
- A channel must be stopped to enable syndication.
- Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) is not supported by Ooyala Live syndication to social media.
Tip: Once you have enabled Facebook syndication on your channel, you can start and stop the Facebook stream without stopping your channel. This allows you to switch to a different page on Facebook without stoping your channel.
- It's a best practice to log out of all active Facebook session on the browser running Ooyala Live.
Facebook Tab View
Configure Facebook Syndication
- Log in to the Live UI.
- Click CHANNELS.
- Hover over the channel's type, and click VIEW CHANNEL DETAILS.
- Go to the SYNDICATION tab.
- Expand Facebook.
- Check Enabled.
Select an existing Facebook page, or create a new Facebook page.
- Click APPLY.
Enter Stream Duration if you want a value less than 240
Note: The stream duration must be from 1 to 240 minutes. The default is 240 minutes.
- Click SAVE. Facebook is now configured. To start syndicating to Facebook, you need to start the channel and the Facebook syndication stream.
To start the channel, click START in the upper left of
Ooyala Live configures the channel for syndication to all enabled social media. This may take several minutes.
Click the play button for Facebook, to start syndicating to Facebook.
Important: Before starting Facebook syndication, log out of all active Facebook session on the browser running Ooyala Live.