Adding a Live Stream (Deprecated)
Was this article helpful?
Before you can manage a live stream, you must add it to Backlot.
For the highest quality streaming, specify the encoder IP at the location from which you are broadcasting and make sure that you have enough dedicated bandwidth to encode and serve all of your live streams.
To add a live stream:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Click ADD NEWCONTENT and select LIVE STREAM. The Create Live Stream dialog box appears.
- Select VIDEO from the Type list box.
- Enter the size and bit rate in the Stream fields. For each stream encoding to add, click Add another Stream and specify its settings.
- Enter the password of the encoder in the Password field.
- Enter the encoder IP addresses in the Encoder IP and Backup Encoder IP fields. Make sure the IP address can be pinged. Otherwise, we will not be able to provision the stream.
- Click OK. The live stream is added to Backlot.
- To embed the video stream, click the MANAGE page, select the newly created live stream, and click its Embed tab. Then, click Copy to Clipboard and paste the embed code where you would like to embed the video stream.