Configuring Player Branding for Flash Player V3 (Deprecated)
Was this article helpful?
Use the Backlot UI to add your watermark to your player or to customize the image that appears when scrubbing through a video in Backlot.
Important: Ooyala Player V3 is deprecated and is scheduled to be disabled on 2018-01-31. After that date, Player V3 will no longer play your video or audio content. Customers still using Player V3 need to migrate to Player V4 (see Migrating from Player V3 and Player Migration FAQ).
Note: For Player V4 instructions, see Configuring a Player in Backlot.
To customize player branding:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Open the PUBLISH page.
- Click the Player Branding tab.
- Select a player.
- Select the Branding tab (video assets only).
- To select an image to display when the viewer is navigating through the video, click Upload and select an image. We accept .PNG, .JPG, .GIF and .SWF images. The image aspect ratio should be 4:3 and should not exceed 320x240.
- To select a watermark image, click Upload and select an image. We recommend using .PNG files with transparent backgrounds, but also accept .JPG, .GIF and .SWF files.