Creating a Player in Backlot
Was this article helpful?
You can create and configure as many players as you want in Backlot. You can associate a player with as many videos as you want. For Player V3, you can also associate a player with audio assets, channels, or channel sets.
Note: This functionality applies to Ooyala Player V4 and Player V3 (Deprecated).
To create a player:
- Log into Backlot: https://backlot.ooyala.com/
- Choose the PUBLISH tab.
- Choose the Player Branding tab.
- In the Player Selection tab, select the version of the player that you
want to create: Note: If you are new to Ooyala after May 1, 2017, only Player V4 is available by default. If you need access to Player V3 functionality, contact your Ooyala representative.
- Player - V4
- Player - V3
- Choose + New to add a new player. Backlot adds a new player to the list using the default settings.
- Select the new player.
- On the Player subtab, edit the Player Name.
- To change other player settings, see Configuring a Player in Backlot and Configuring Player Embed Settings in Backlot.