Universal Syndication, Including Live Streams
Was this article helpful?
Ooyala supports many specific kinds of syndications, as detailed in Specific Syndications. If you cannot find a specific syndication type to meet your needs, you can always create a Universal syndication.Universal syndications rely on the Universal Syndication Template Language (USTL). You need to create a template in this language to include when you create the syndication in the Backlot UI. Details about USTL are provided in the apendixes to the Backlot API Reference.
To create a universal syndication:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Open the PUBLISH page.
- Click the External Publishing subtab.
- From the list box on the left, select publishing type Universal and click New. A new syndication is created.
- If desired, change the name of the syndication.
- If desired, change the description of the syndication.
- To specify which content is syndicated, if this syndication is for all your content, click All content. Otherwise, click Add Labels and select one or more labels.
To indicate specific types of content to syndicate, click the checkbox next to the
- Remote Assets
- Ads (video)
- Live Stream
- In the Feed Template box, paste your USTL template. You can look at examples by clicking Example Feeds.
- To save and view your feed/template, click Save and Preview.
Changes take effect immediately, and the syndication is created. The feed can be accessed at the URL shown in Your Feed URL.