Uploading a Video
Before you can manage a video, you must upload it.
To upload a video:
- Log in to the Backlot UI.
- Click ADD NEW CONTENT and select VIDEO.
- Select one or more files to upload and click Open.
- If you selected VR 360 videos (see VR 360 Videos), select the VR 360 checkbox and select the type of content (Monoscopic or Stereoscopic (side-by-side). If you are uploading a VR 360 asset, Backlot will automatically pick the relevant processsing profile for you.
- In the Processing Profile drop down menu, select a processing profile. (This step is optional, so you can leave the selection on Automatic processing if you wish).
- Click Upload. The video(s) appear on the MANAGE page as Backlot begins processing. After Backlot completes, it changes the STATUS to LIVE.
- Change the default name in the TITLE field and provide a description of the video in the DESCRIPTION field. If you are using the desktop version of Backlot, you can simply drag videos from your computer to the application.