Managing YouTube Asset Details
Was this article helpful?
After you add a YouTube-hosted video as an asset in Backlot, you can configure metadata and specify a player.
Note: Because a YouTube asset points to a video that is actually hosted on YouTube, you cannot associate ads or ad sets with the asset. For this reason, the Monetize subsidiary tab that is normally seen for videos you upload is not displayed when the video has been added from YouTube. You can manage only its details, publishing rules, and metadata.
To manage details for a YouTube asset:
- Log in to the Backlot UI and open the MANAGE page.
- To view only YouTube videos, select YOUTUBE VIDEO under CONTENT TYPES in the left pane.
- Select a video.
- To change the name of the video, make any changes in the TITLE field.
- To change the description, make any changes in the DESCRIPTION field.
- Click the Embed tab.
- Select the player in which the video displays from the Custom Player list box.
- Specify the URL where the content is embedded in the Permalink where content is embedded field (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/myvideo01).